- I understand that I and all members must comply with all WWKC rules and procedures outlined in the constitution and associated documentation, ICU best-practice guidelines, and the law, especially S.I. 259/2004 regarding the obligation to wear a buoyancy aid whilst on the water.
- The Wild Water Kayaking Club agrees to adopt the Irish Canoe Union Child Protection Policy. All members are deemed to have assented to abide by the Irish Canoe Union Child Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children and as such agree to adhere to the principles and responsibilities embodied in that Code.
- I have assented to abide by the Irish Canoe Union Child Protection Policy and as such agree to fully adhere to the principles and responsibilities embodied in the Irish Canoe Union Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children
- I understand and consent to WWKC holding my membership information for administrative purposes (e.g. for discipline office to know who is active in their section).
- I have never been refused membership of a sporti
ng organisation or club, nor have I ever had membership rescinded.
- In consideration of being admitted to Wild Water Kayak Club and of being allowed to participate in club trips and courses both on site at Strawberry Beds, Lucan, Co. Dublin (“the site”) and off site at other locations and being allowed to use the site, buildings and equipment I hereby release, waive and discharge Wild Water Kayak Club of Strawberry Beds, County Dublin, its officers, servants, agents, coaches, instructors, and its other members (collectively “the Club”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs and damages whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any of my property, whether caused by the negligence of the Club or otherwise, arising out of my participation in club courses and trips and/or while using the site, buildings or equipment. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with kayaking and that my participation in kayaking may result in personal injury, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me, and I hereby elect to voluntarily engage in kayaking activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I further hereby agree to indemnify the Club from all actions, proceedings, claims, loss, liability, damage, costs or expenses whatsoever incurred by reason of my being admitted to the Club. It is my express intent that this Indemnity shall in the event of my death bind my heirs, assigns and personal representatives and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant not to hold the Club liable for personal injury including death sustained by me.
- I further confirm I consider myself to be physically fit and capable of full participation in Kayaking and I agree to notify the Club of any changes to the medical information provided. Furthermore in the event of illness or injury I give my permission for the Club to obtain emergency medical treatment on my behalf.