This year, the WWKC are hosting our first ever Beginner’s kayaking and Polo Skills combination course, taking place on Tuesday evenings from April 18th – May 30th. * Not including May 23rd*
What’s included in the course?
- General Kayaking skills with fully qualified instructors
- Polo skills with some of our top club polo players
- Polo matches to try out your new skills
- Fun and games
- Level 2 assessment
- Membership with the WWKC until the end of 2024
- Canoeing Ireland membership until the end of 2023
- Use of club boats, paddles, spray decks, helmets, wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
- All for just €240!
Why sign up for the WWKC beginners kayaking and polo skills?
- Fun, exciting sport unlike any other
- Develop friendships and team building skills
- Learn to kayak in a fun and safe environment
- Develop confidence on the water
- Become a part of the paddling and canoe polo community in Ireland
The WWKC beginner’s kayaking and polo skills course offers all this and more!
What is canoe polo?
- Canoe Polo is basically water polo, in canoes! Teams of five players race down the pitch while passing and receiving the ball.
- The aim is to avoid opponents, achieve good shooting positions and score a goal. It makes for a fast and thrilling event.
- Take a look at the video below, to get a sneak peek of one of our training sessions.
You will also be doing the level 2 kayaking course during the sessions.
Wondering what’s included in the Level 2 assessment?
What about after the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, not only will you continue on your paddling journey with the polo community, you will also have access and opportunities to all of the other disciplines that the WWKC has to offer. Whether it’s general kayaking, slalom, wild water racing, marathon or Canadian canoeing. You will have use of club gear for all club organised events/activities and your course will give you WWKC membership until the end of 2024 so you’ll have ample opportunities to try it all!
How can I sign up for the course?
Use this pdf and follow the steps to sign up for the course.
*Signing Up for the course pdf*
If you’ve any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the water for a fun and exciting adventure!