6 Week Adult Beginners Kayaking Course Details (Every Thursday Night)
The course covers the following:
- An understanding of the basic safety rules of canoeing
- An ability to enter and exit a kayak correctly
- Forward paddle, reverse paddle and stop.
- An ability to turn while stationary using forward sweep stroke, reverse sweep stroke and a combination of forward and reverse sweep strokes
- Simple draw stroke
- Low brace
- Turning on the move
- Edging while the kayak is moving
- Lower body rotation
- Capsize drill
- An ability to assist in an assisted X rescue and/or an H rescue
Our Level 2 skills courses and assessments are fully certified by Canoeing Ireland.
**WWKC club will review your application before verifying acceptance onto the course and as a member of the club.**