Membership renewal for 2019 is open

For general chit-chat, notices and paddling or club related news

Moderators: Pwall83, atbarber

Pwall83

Membership renewal for 2019 is open

Post by Pwall83 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:42 am

Membership renewal for 2019 is now open.

Please renew your membership online before 28th February using the following link:

https://www.wwkc.net/membership/

The boat space request can only be paid after you first paid for your membership. https://www.wwkc.net/event/boat-spaces/

Once you have filled in everything correctly, you will get an email confirmation with the details of your payment.

Same as last year Canoeing Ireland have established the rule that registration is now a mandatory requirement for all Club paddlers.

Please see the Canoeing Ireland rule number Rule 4(a):

To help manage this new rule we will ask that all WWKC members register for CI via our club's annual membership renewal.

As WWKC now has the obligation to ensure our club members have obtained CI membership, registering with CI via WWKC renewal will ease the workload which this rule change has created.

Thank you,
WWKC Membership Officer

David Hickey

Re: Membership renewal for 2019 is open

Post by David Hickey » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Hey,
I have question. I just renewed my canoeing Ireland membership last weekend before I knew about the club renewal. Do i have to pay the €30 canoeing Ireland membership again after just paying €50? Any help appreciated.
Thanks David.

Noel Tallon

Post by Noel Tallon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm

I would like to renew my membership but the wwkc.net site appears to be seriously broken!

Like the last poster whose post was not replied to I am confused by this statement in the OP -

Same as last year Canoeing Ireland have established the rule that registration is now a mandatory requirement for all Club paddlers.
Please see the Canoeing Ireland rule number Rule 4(a):

Rule 4 states as follows -

RULE 4. MEMBERSHIP
Members of Canoeing Ireland are such bodies and persons who are admitted to membership as contained in the Constitution and are specifically;
a) Clubs enrolled with Canoeing Ireland
b) Registered members of Clubs enrolled with Canoeing Ireland
c) Individuals enrolled independently with Canoeing Ireland
d) Honorary members as determined by the Board
e) Directors of the Board not otherwise Members of Canoeing Ireland
No person or club shall be admitted or remain a member of Canoeing Ireland unless approved by the Board.

I wish to join CI independently as per rule 4(c) - which you do not mention.

What is the membership fee for persons who wish to join CI independently in accordance with that rule?

What is the fee for unemployed persons in the same category?

Pwall83

Post by Pwall83 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am

Hi please refer any membership queries to membership@wwkc.net or beginners@wwkc.net as the forum isn't always monitored straight away and members have been responded to privately due to GDPR.