Liffey Descent rescue cover

For general chit-chat, notices and paddling or club related news

Moderators: Pwall83, atbarber

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:56 pm

James31 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 am
Pm'd you.
Hi James I didn't get any email from ya yet.

Catherine B
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Catherine B » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Sign myself and Paul up for this. Both L2 with our gear, a medium and a large for t-shirts please.
Andrew wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm
Pending approval by de boss

I’m in Alan :-)

May nick a lift of yourself or someone from Northside on day ?
@Andy did you get sorted with a lift, myself and Paul are in Santry if that's any use to you?
Cathy Boothman (L2 - own gear)

James31
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by James31 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm

alanhall wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:56 pm
James31 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 am
Pm'd you.
Hi James I didn't get any email from ya yet.
Ok, ill send an email now. Think I just sent you a private message

User avatar
Pwall83
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Pwall83 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey Alan,
I'd like to help out again too. Philip L3. Own gear. Large t-shirt.

ConorMc
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by ConorMc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:24 am

hi Alan,
I can help out at this but will have to leave at about 3.30. Conor McGuire, L2, I have my won wetsuit. Medium t-shirt.

Cheers,
Conor

James31
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by James31 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:11 am

Anyone able to give me a lift out to this from portobello? ☺

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Conor
Cool fair play the names and sizes have already been submitted but i will add you to the list and hopefully get you a T Shirt.

Hi James
I am going to be coming from swords and i have a meeting to go to before the race so i am not really any use to you but if needs be i will swing by and get you but you could be really early for the race.

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:15 pm

**********Final details for the Liffey Descent**********

Can everyone please be at the club for 11.15 for a quick brief and we aim to be on the water and in location for 12.30/12.45.
Race starts at straffan at 12 so we are expecting the first of the K boats down by 13.15 ish (depending on water levels). So please be on time and ready for action.

The weather is to be a mixed bag so please dress accordingly. (Any of you newbie's using the club gear you will Defo want to bring a rain jacket to wear over your wetsuit)

Please have a proper breakfast and bring a packed lunch with loads of tasty snacks and maybe a warm drink if you have a flask.

I have a meeting to go to before the race so will be getting the food vouchers and the t Shirts so hopefully everyone will have them before the race.

If anyone has any issues please give me a text or a call on 0876877795

James31
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by James31 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm

alanhall wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Conor
Cool fair play the names and sizes have already been submitted but i will add you to the list and hopefully get you a T Shirt.

Hi James
I am going to be coming from swords and i have a meeting to go to before the race so i am not really any use to you but if needs be i will swing by and get you but you could be really early for the race.
Cheers Alan, ill wait and see if anyone else gets back to me and if not, ill hit you up for that. Can throw in petrol money if your going way out I your way anyway.

James31
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by James31 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:30 pm

All good now Alan, I got sorted with a roof rack

User avatar
Pwall83
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Pwall83 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am

Not sure what happened there but my post last week didn't post. Philip L3 own gear. Would love to help out

User avatar
Pwall83
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Pwall83 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:04 am

Ah sorry, it did post on Sunday, just wasn't added to the list. Sorry

lecris
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by lecris » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Sorry for short notice lads but won’t be able to make it on Saturday. Leticia

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 pm

lecris wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 pm
Sorry for short notice lads but won’t be able to make it on Saturday. Leticia
No problem at all cheers for letting me know

James31
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by James31 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 pm

James31 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm
alanhall wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Conor
Cool fair play the names and sizes have already been submitted but i will add you to the list and hopefully get you a T Shirt.

Hi James
I am going to be coming from swords and i have a meeting to go to before the race so i am not really any use to you but if needs be i will swing by and get you but you could be really early for the race.
Cheers Alan, ill wait and see if anyone else gets back to me and if not, ill hit you up for that. Can throw in petrol money if your going way out I your way anyway.
I'm sorted for Saturday now Alan, I got a roof rack.

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Cool cheers for the update James

Steve
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 am

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Steve » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:53 pm

A bit late to the party but I’m available. I did rescue at the club 2 years ago. Have my own stuff so let me know if you’re stuck

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:53 pm
A bit late to the party but I’m available. I did rescue at the club 2 years ago. Have my own stuff so let me know if you’re stuck
Cheers Steve i think were well covered your more than welcome to come for the day out but at this stage I can't promise you a t shirt that fits.

Steve
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 am

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by Steve » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Sounds good, cheers!

LMcCarthy
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by LMcCarthy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am

Can't make it this morning for rescue cover as promised,apologies.
Leo Mc Carthy

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 am

LMcCarthy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am
Can't make it this morning for rescue cover as promised,apologies.
Leo Mc Carthy
No problem thanks for letting me know

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:20 am

Hi folks good news we won three 25 euro vouchers from great outdoors at a raffle for the rescue staff who helped at the liffey descent. So the only fair thing to do is put all the names in a hat and Dave kav is going to pull 3 names from the hat at the next pool session. Hopefully I can make this Tuesdays session but either way I will upload a video to the club Facebook page. And we will have loads of witnesses to confirm it was all fair and square

alanhall
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Liffey Descent rescue cover

Post by alanhall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Between moving house, a baby and work I never got around to doing this draw at the pool put for those of you who helped out at the liffey descent back in Sept WWKC safety crew won a few vouchers not enough for everyone in the crew so I put everyone's name into a hat and here's the results. Aido barber, Philip wall and Conor Brady. Well done €25 euro great outdoor vouchers for each of ya. Thanks again for all your help at the 59th international liffey descent. Hopefully this year we will have the same numbers and a little more water lol

Post Reply