Adventure Kayaking 2016 - Roles

For general chit-chat, notices and paddling or club related news

Moderators: Pwall83, atbarber

AKOfficer

Adventure Kayaking 2016 - Roles

Post by AKOfficer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Folks,

great to see so many faces at the AK meeting last night. We had some good discussions and some delicious cake - thanks again to all the bakers!

Here is a list of jobs that people took on:
    Coordination of Continuation Course: Fiona Kelly and Linda Forth
    Coordination of RSR courses Michelle Bane
    Coordination of Freestyle activities: Adrian Clinton
    Coordination of REC3 First Aid Courses: Myra Walshe
    Coordination of Women's Development: Dominika and Sinead O'Reilly
    Coordination of Junior Activities: Johhny Martin and Andy Cahill
    Coordination L3 Skills Training and Assessments: Pajo
    Coordination of L4 Training: Alan Hall
    Coordination of Static Sessions: Paul Kerr
    Coordination of Club Safety and Rescue Days: Gerry O Flaherty

Linda Forth also volunteered to call some pools to see if we can arrange a regular mid-week rolling session somewhere.

Thanks to all for taking on some tasks. The year ahead is in good hands :D

On suggestion that came up in the meeting was, and a lot of people agreed, that it would be great if folks moved back to the official Wild Water Facebook page or the Forum to post up about peer paddling in order to be more transparent and inclusive.

I'm really excited about all the activities planned, I hope you are, too. It's going to be a fun year!

Franzi

[/list]
    Paul Kerr
    Adventure Kayak Officer

Feek

Re: Adventure Kayaking 2016 - Roles

Post by Feek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:01 pm

I was away otherwise I would have been at the meeting,

I don't get why there's an issue with the Peer Paddle group. It's not about being non-inclusive, it's more to do with the whole of Facebook knowing you're going paddling when you post in Wildwater. There are plenty of people in it and all can add other people to the group. It's only 'closed' to non-wwkc.

Facebook groups exist specifically for groups of people to discuss their 'obsessions' without broadcasting to every single one of their Facebook friends.

"Facebook Groups are pages that you create within the Facebook social networking site that are based around a real-life interest or group or to declare an affiliation or association with people and things."

Personally I think the peer-paddle group works so why not continue using it?

PaulK

Post by PaulK » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 pm

The thinking at the meeting Fiona was that it would work just as well on the main page and be more visible (main page has 10 times as many members).

Paul K.

Feek

Post by Feek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:39 pm

My problem is it's also more visible to my 200+ Facebook friends and my Mum.