WWKC has registered its entry to the Canoeing Ireland (CI) Club Championships (CICC) (click on link for full details)
This means that 2014 WWKC and CI members can avail of the training weekends to be provided prior to the CICC race in April.
Members who wish to avail of one or more training weekend(s) and/or enter the race(s) of the CICC should note the following description of the standard expected:
- A minimum of 6-12 months kayaking experience (post L2).
- Participants don’t need to be able to roll to take part in the training or competition.
- People should be able to control a boat on grade II water for the white water disciplines.
- People should have very good flat water boat control for the flat water disciplines.
- Join/renew your WWKC membership for 2014 ASAP.
- Join/renew your CI membership for 2014 ASAP.
- Request the form, for each training weekend you wish to join, via email – CICC@wwkc.net.
NB: fill in your details, with a -/+ if you are seeking/offering a lift in a car pool. e.g. +++ Member Name (means 3 lifts open from M.N.).
Juniors please indicate your status with a J- before your name. You can leave out your own contact details as contact should be through your minder whose details should follow your own.
- If available, you may wish to arrange with the relevant officer for the use of an appropriate club boat.
NB – Juniors: Same rules as at the club, i.e. looked after by coaches/instructors on the water, but by parents/guardians/carers, before and after, on the bank.
Training Weekends up to Club Champs
|Club Reps Weekend||1 & 2 Feb|
|Wild Water Racing Training Weekend||8 & 9 Feb|
|Polo Training Weekend||15 & 16 Feb|
|Slalom Training Weekend||1 & 2 Mar|
|Surf Training Weekend||8 & 9 Mar|
|Freestyle & Boater Cross Training Weekend||15 & 16 Mar|
|Marathon & Sprint Training Weekend||29 & 30 Mar|
|RSR 1 & 2 Training Weekend||5 & 6 Apr|
|Club Championships||12 & 13 Apr|
Full Details of what each weekend covers is here: www.canoe.ie/en-us/competition/clubchampionships2014/trainingweekenddetails.aspx
Info from Canoe.ie website:
Club Champs – What’s it all about?